Here’s a new job opening from Advent Health Care.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to staff in Advent Health’s Corporate Office, and to different departments and operations in Forestview Retirement Residence and Valleyview Residence.
Canada Summer Jobs Position:
This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program under the Government of Canada.
This opportunity addresses one of the national priorities, which is to provide job opportunities to youth (ages 15-30) who self-identify as part of a visible minority group underrepresented in the labor market or who have additional barriers to the labor market.
- The position is available for the summer for 8 weeks between June 8 – August 16, 2020.
- Compensation is offered at $15.00 per hour less applicable payroll deductions.
- Work schedule will mainly take place Monday to Friday (excluding Statutory Holidays) with flexible start and end times. Workdays are 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week. Some shifts may occur on Saturday or Sunday as we are a 24/7 health care service provider.
Candidates must be aged 15-30 and self-identify as part of a visible minority group.
Candidates should also have the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in post-secondary education with a focus in Business Administration, Health Care and Public Relations.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter
- Previous experience with website management programs such as WordPress an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform required office duties and provide administrative support to management and administrative staff.
- Research, review and compile information and create reports and presentations on operational activities to support and assist in management decisions.
- Engage with the public, suppliers, consultants and other service providers.
- Participate in meetings and document discussions and decisions.
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing efforts, including producing materials,
- website content and enhancing Advent’s social media presence.
- Perform other management and administration duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to:
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check, a TB Test, and a COVID-19 test. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.