Sabbath School is the heart of the church – Unknown
Sabbath School Program in the Sanctuary – all ages (10:00 – 10:15 am)
- Song Service – 2 songs
- Opening Prayer
- Mission Feature
Adult Sabbath Schools (10:20 AM)
|Class 1 – Sanctuary Piano-side Front (Frank Enniss)|
|Class 2 – Sanctuary Organ-side Middle (Nwadike-Simango)|
|Class 3 – Sanctuary Piano-side Back (Enmore – Whyte)|
|Class 4 – Sanctuary Under Balcony (Imre Mora)|
|Class 5 – Sanctuary Balcony (Norma Allen)|
|Class 6 – Room 204 (Roger Amorim)|
|Class 8 – Room 202 (Nic Romuar)|
|Young Adult – The Upper Room (Age 18 – 35)|
|Virtual Classes||Link||Meeting Number|
|Class 5 – (Claudette Charles)||Zoom link||710 755 104
|Class 7 – (Keith Juriansz at 9:30 a.m.)||Zoom link||847 2651 0940
|Class 10 – (Stan Allen)||Zoom link||163 292 626|
If you wish to join by dialing in, please call (647) 374-4685 or (647) 558-0588, then enter the meeting number of the class you wish to join.
Children and Youth Sabbath Schools (10:20 AM)
|Tiny Tots (Birth to 24 months)||In-Person Only||Room 104|
|Little Friends (Ages 2 to 3)||In-Person Only||Room 102|
|Kinder Kids (JK – SK)||In-Person Only||Room 101|
|Treasure Chest (Grades 1 – 2)||In-Person Only||Room 103|
|Discovery Zone (Grades 3 to 4)||In-Person Only||Room 106|
|Juniors (Grades 5 to 6)||In-Person Only||Room 105|
|Earliteens (Grades 7 to 8)||In-Person Only||Room 203|
|High School (Grades 9 to 12)||In-Person Only||Youth Chapel|
The Adult Sabbath School ministry’s mission is to provide a holistic Sabbath School that will help each Sabbath School Member and Visitor to grow into a personal relationship with God, through the gifts of the Holy Spirit and Bible studies.
The Adult Sabbath School ministry values everyone that Jesus died for and pledges to support them through the various life cycles they may encounter on life’s pathway.
The Adult Sabbath School ministry’s vision is to connect daily with God through the study of His Word and to encourage each member to minister to each other.
Highlights of 2020:
- When the Church’s in-person worship services were suspended because of COVID-19 the decision was made that Sabbath School Classes will be held via Zoom.
- On March 21, 2020, the Adult Sabbath School classes started on the Zoom platform, and except for when Ontario Conference-led worship services were scheduled, the Sabbath School Classes were held each Sabbath.
- In the beginning, we had participants from the USA and from the West Indies (Trinidad).
- The members support other members through various life cycles or those celebrating milestones by sending cards.
The proposed plan for 2021:
- Encouraging members to participate in Sabbath School Facilitators/Teachers training with materials available from the nadadultministries.org/sabbath-school/ website.
- Encouraging members to take the free 6 Part Digital Discipleship and Evangelism workshop that the Ontario Conference Adult Sabbath School and Personal Ministries and the North American Adult Ministries Departments are giving. The training began on January 12, 2021, and will run every other Tuesday to March 23, 2021.
- Introducing a compassionate component of Sabbath School where members can support members through the various life cycles. Especially during COVID-19 restrictions, it is important to be checking in on our vulnerable members.
- In addition, the Adult Sabbath School will work with the Personal Ministries department to provide support to our members.
Sabbath School Resources for Adults
The mandated closure of the church may leave some members without a Sabbath School lesson quarterly. It may thus be harder to get this quarter’s lesson or even order it online. Here are a few ways to still get it.
- The official Sabbath School and Personal Ministries website
- Sabbath School Net (more mobile-friendly)
Sabbath School Resources for Children, Youth, and Young Adults
- Beginners (From birth to age 2)
- Kindergarten (Ages 3 to 4)
- Primary Class (Ages 5 to 9)
- Junior Class (ages 10 to 12)
- Earliteen Class (Ages 13 to 15)
- Youth Class (Ages 16 to 18)
- Young Adults and Young Parents (Ages 18 to 35)