The Richmond Hill church will be hosting a six-part online series on the Jewish Festivals in Lev. 23 – their significance and meaning for then and now, their relation to Jesus, and the Gospel in them. The series is both educational, inspirational, and participatory (on Oct. 2, see below).
- Presenters: JoAnne and Richard Davidson, and their daughter A. Rahel Wells (Andrews University professors)
- Dates: Sept. 30, Oct. 1, 2, 7, 8, 9
- Time: 7 pm – 8:30 pm, including Q&A
- To join: www.rhsda.ca, click on the poster to join the ZOOM room.
For Oct. 2, when A. Rahel Wells will be presenting: ”For the Passover service on October 2, if you just want to join in and watch as they lead out and show all of the items, that is totally fine, but if you want to buy a few things to join in the eating and drinking parts, here is what you will need:
- plenty of grape juice
- 3 matzah (unleavened bread) on a plate with a napkin over top
- horseradish (or wasabi, for the bitter herbs)
- apple butter (for the charoset)
- romaine lettuce or arugula
- a beet (rabbi-approved vegetarian version of the roasted bone)
- lemon or egg (symbol of mourning)
- bowl of water
- cup of very salty water
- extra napkins, cups