Update: April 8, 2022
ADRA is launching 24 hours of prayer for the Ukraine crisis, beginning this Friday, April 8, to Saturday, April 9.
- Join them this Friday at 7 pm EST Live on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube for a special, interactive program to start the 24 hours of prayer. Pastor Evaldo Vicente, the Communication Director for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada, will host guests from across Canada and Europe to share about the crisis and to pray together.
- Check back in on Saturday morning at 11 am EST across our social media platforms for an update from Pr. Vicente and for a Sabbath message from me.
- On Saturday evening at 7 pm EST, close your 24 hours of prayer with us through a final, interactive Live stream on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
It is nearly one month since the outbreak of war in Ukraine. Ten million people have fled their homes, seeking safety in other parts of the country or abroad.
ADRA and the church are still there, meeting the needs within Ukraine and in the bordering countries.
The Program Director for ADRA Ukraine, Artem Dikhtiaruk, joined us for an ADRA Insider podcast episode where he shares updates on how ADRA and the church in Ukraine are assisting people displaced by the war. Please share this resource with your church family!.
I am so grateful for the outpouring of support for the Ukraine crisis. To date, $215,722.99 has come in through individual donations and the efforts of churches and supporters across Canada.
If you are looking for ideas on how you and your church, workplace, or even family can support the cause, here are a few that have taken place:
- Benefit concerts in Oliver/Osoyoos and Surrey, BC & Nepean SDA Church in Ottawa
- Supporters promoting ADRA’s work on their social media
- Supporters sharing posters in churches, workplaces, and communities
If you have an idea of how you can support, please let us know! We will be happy to assist.
Uniting in 24 Hours of Prayer
ADRA is uniting with conferences, churches, and individuals in Canada and Europe to pray for the Ukraine crisis through 24 hours of prayer beginning April 8, 2022. We invite you and your church to join us. We have developed resources to help promote this activity in your church or group.
We also invite you and your church to an ADRA Insider Live Event: Ukraine Crisis – Uniting in Prayer on April 8, 2022, at 7 pm EST. This interactive evening program focusing on prayer will be live from Facebook and YouTube.