Here’s some information we received about the food bank support available for Bathurst-Finch residents.
The city of Toronto is transforming Toronto Public Libraries temporarily into Foodbanks. To date, 6 out of 9 selected Toronto Public Libraries have been modified into food banks:
- 155 Bonis Ave, Scarborough, Toronto, ON M1T 3W6 (Fridays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- 1515 Albion Rd, Etobicoke, Toronto, ON M9V 1B2 (by appointment)
- 545 Markham Rd, Toronto, Ontario M1H 2A1 (Tuesdays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- 430 Burnhamthorpe Rd, Toronto, Ontario M9B 2B1, (Fridays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- 2380 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto, Ontario M1K 2P3 (Tuesdays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- 375 Bamburgh Circle, Toronto, Ontario M1W 3Y1 (Fridays 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Three more will open in the future. People can also find locations on the 211 Central website. Additionally, there are existing food banks in/or close to York Centre. Below is a list of the nearest food banks to the Bathurst and Finch area. You can click on each food bank to learn more, or look at the map in the link above.
- Centre for Spanish-Speaking Peoples. Youth Feeding Youth Food Bank (2141 Jane St Rm 100, Toronto, ON M3M 1A2)
- Humewood House Association. Young Parent Resource Centre (1900 Sheppard Ave West, Toronto, ON M3L 2G7)
- Rhema Christian Ministries. The Store House. Food Bank Services (40 Carl Hall Rd Unit 49, Toronto, ON M3K 2C1)
- Lansing United Church Food Bank (49 Bogert Ave, Toronto, ON M2N 1K4)